Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

Racerback top

Racerback top


Nothing to wear tomorrow

                                                                (klik hier voor Nederlandse versie)

Do you recognize this? Quite the collection of selfmade clothes, but stil nothing to wear. Well, I'll rephrase.....nothing to wear that's suitable....or more honestly that I want to wear. Tomorrow is field day at school and its suddenly tropical in the Netherlands. I wasn't quite ready for it. I was in the middle of making a linen/cotton spring blouse with bellbottom sleeves. Just have to put it aside on the UFO (UnFinished Objects) pile.
LOVE this t-shirt

Thank god for my hobby and the fabric stash I won last year. (Stash Photos on Instagram) Last week I have sewn a t-shirt with a wonderful combination of fabrics and I am still totally in love with it. (Tutorial on YouTube) So I decided to make a top with the same fabrics and ad a dash of pink...because I felt like it. Now get on with it....it has to be done in one evening. Yaiks!

The pattern

I drew the pattern myself using a well fitting t-shirt pattern as a basis. I want the neckline a bit higher in the front than I normally have, more sunprotection ;-) and the back should be covering my sports bra. So I put my sports bra on my mannequin and pin the paper pattern on top of it. Then I drew the shape of the backside. Making sure it's aligned with the front.

I choose the pattern pieces and the fabric in which they will be then cut them. Sewing and serging them together, makeing a full front and backpiece again. Then comes the easy part sewing th schoulders and sides together. More difficult is the finishing of the neckline and arm openings.

Headache

The neckline I've done as shown in the t-shirt tutorial but the armholes caused me some headaches. First I thought serging, folding and topstitching with a twin needle would suffice, but trying out I soon saw that that wasn't going to do the trick. Bummer!






The back-up plan is to finish with a smal fabric strip and stitch it on to the arm opening, then folding it and topstitch it. I used a fabric strip that was 75% of the width of the arm opening.  Unfortunately this plan is more timeconsuming.....it's going to be past my bedtime. Again!

Outfit of today


I did it! A racerback top finished on time! The color combination makes me smile, the fit makes me happy and ready for action!
Ready, Set, Action!

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Men's suit magic!

Turn a unloved suit into something new  (#therefashioners2017)  Nederlandse versie That's the challenge I encountered on Instagram and it's right up my alley: Making an existing outfit into something new or partly reusing it IS SÓ MUCH FUN. #loveit I did not have a suit that I wanted to remake, so the first part of this challenge started. Shopping! Looking for that unloved suit to be dramatically remade. At my third(!) trip to the second hand shop I choose the only suit that was available as a whole set. In fact, it was still very beautiful and it looked exactly like a suit that my love once had...?  Coincidence! The fabric does not have a very exciting print, but luckily it's oversized so there is enough fabric to spice it up. Let the magic begin: transform a neat men's suit into a cool women's suit that I can wear daily. Dismantle While dismantling the suit I saved as much original detail as I could. Interesting to see how such a suit is ma

Een comfortabel LIESL damespak

I. Made. A. Suit! English...click here! Dit ultieme dames pak was nog wat miste in mijn garderobe. Niet zomaar een damespak, nee eentje die comfortabel is. Én op verschillende manieren te stylen is. De stof mocht ik uitzoeken op de website van Katia Fabrics . Een wat dikker katoen met leuk zeepaardjes print die soepel valt. Het pak Even overwoog ik om een jumpsuit te maken, maar ik hou ervan als mijn kledingstukken 'multi- combineerbaar' zijn. Dit pak kan ik als een tweedelig-jumpsuit gebruiken en als twee aparte kledingstukken stylen met andere items uit mijn garderobe. Mix&Match Het jasje Ik begon met het maken van de blazer en gebruikt een Knipmode patroon. Het patroon is jasje 18 Marie uit Knipmode januari 2018. Het zusje van Marie is jasje 19 Ester. Beide patronen zijn online (pdf en papier) te bestellen en hebben dezelfde basis. Je vindt  Marie hier  en Ester hier . Jasje Marie, Knipmode januari 2018 Jasje Ester, Knipm

A recap of my Minervacrafts blogs!

One year anniversary! It was a 'busew' year! In which I wrote 13 blogposts for the Minervacrafts website. Such al lovely collaboration which allows me to work with the most beautiful fabrics and I loved every minute of it! At this moment 10 blogs are posted online, three more are scheduled for later this year. And some new fabrics are on it's way to be reviewed and turned into LIESL - creations. Ten LIESL's in a row One The first blog I wrote was this one about the famous Kielo Wrap Dress from Named Clothing. My version with longer sleeves has a bit of an Asian theme. Read about it here Two The second blog was a bigger project with lots of embellishments: The pink polka-dot trenchcoat. I was inspired by a trenchcoat I saw and tried to recreate it.  Want to see if I've succeeded? Click  here . Three The third one was a dress again in a 'love at first sight' fabric. I have a soft spot for graphic fabrics in black-and-white w